P R I V A C Y
Alexander & Pearl Ltd (We) are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.alexanderandpearl.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We will only use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Alexander & Pearl Ltd, a private company limited by shares registered in England and Wales under company number 06560121 with our registered office at c/o Philips Accountants, 286B Chase Road, Southgate, London N14 6HF.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website www.alexanderandpearl.co.uk (our Website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, place an order on our Website or when you report a problem with our Website or an order. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and debit or credit card information.
- Information collected from your visits to our Website. We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information from time to time about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information from time to time about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and others; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any other member of our group, which means any of our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on an advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Alexander & Pearl Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Alexander & Pearl Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storage of your personal data
If we intend to transfer your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will always obtain your consent first.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct such inaccuracies promptly upon your written request for us to do. You can submit such written requests to us by emailing us at email@example.com.